Zach was totally in his element. After the first night, he woke up in the morning and got dressed immediately and headed outside to have fun. I don't see him that happy and content very often but it was neat to find him entertained by things other than electronics. Some of the older kids had fashioned bow and arrows with sticks and elastics and they played with those the whole time. They even got pretty good at it!
Mason however was completely out of his element. He was so grumpy. He was getting over a cold and coughed a lot the first night. He was not a "happy camper" at all. But he did pretty well as long as we held him the whole time!
Marissa and Hailey enjoyed themselves too, other than the fact that they couldn't stand getting dirty. It must be a girl thing because I couldn't seem to even keep Zach's and Mason's faces clean for 5 minutes.
We had a lot of fun with our friends. Our friend, Mike, is quite the dutch oven specialist so our meals were great! We even had fun going on a little hike and exploring a little more.
After 2 nights of camping, however, I too was craving a nice shower and soft bed. I'm glad that we were able to go and make some memories with our kids though. After we got back and cleaned up everything, Dave and I went to a movie. My sister was watching the kids for us and took this picture of Mason. He crashed at 6:30 pm and slept until about 7:30am the next morning. I think camping just wore him out!


4 comments:
Looks like you guys had lots of fun! We still have to take our kids on a camping trip, but we may have to wait till Fall when nighttime temperatures are a bit lower. I'm so jealous, we don't have any mountains here!
Yea for camping and grumpy children! It sounds like you're camping experience was better than ours, though. I'm glad. You give us something to look forward to.
I'm embarassed to say I haven't checked blogs for a while. It's so great to see all the fun you're having. I miss you guys!
Looks like fun! I'm so impressed you and your friend set up the tent yourselves. Camping with kids is always an adventure. Your girls have grown a lot since I saw them last! Great blog Darc. Miss ya.
Post a Comment